Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Playing with Fire!



Ok, it's bad form for the safety professional to advocate playing with fire, but spending time at the Hot Air Affair in Hudson last weekend has me thinking differently. Mostly, we think of fire's destructive nature, but for balloonists, fire is light, warmth, and the power to rise. So, coming off the sadness of Sam's death, I feel it's time to play with a little fire. I'm reading a book called, The Little Black Book of Innovation, by Scott Anthony. I'm also exploring Tom Matzen's concept of Quantum Business Golf. Each of these is a little bit like playing with fire for someone like me who normally plays things so conservatively, but I'm keeping the images of the balloons and burners in mind over the next few months. Can't wait to feel that first burner blast and rise up into the air!

For Scott's book:
http://www.innosight.com/little-black-book/index.cfm

For Tom Matzen:
http://www.quantumbusinessgolf.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment