Sunday, January 26, 2014

Travelogue: Boulder, Colorado

So the way the story goes, I was scheduled to take a road trip with a group of high school friends out to Estes Park in Colorado. Our departure date was Saturday, July 14th, 1979. Why do I remember this so clearly? Because the day before was Friday the 13th, and that was the day I had an emergency appendectomy, and missed the trip!

Fast forward nearly 30 years, to January, 2009. I took a trip to Boulder to take part in a week-long banjo camp led by Dr Banjo himself, +Pete Wernick . I flew out first, and Jan joined me mid-week. We took a little time to drive out to Estes Park, so I could finally close the loop on that little chapter of my life story.

Here's a glimpse of the mountains, and a shot from banjo camp for good measure, featuring Charles Holloway on mandolin and Luke Dewhirst on guitar. You can find out more about Charles with his band, the Green Mountain Bluegrass Band, and Luke with his band, The Bluegrass Regulators.










No comments:

Post a Comment