Sunday, March 16, 2014

Travelogue: Norway #5

When +Janet Swanson and I were in Oslo, we used part of the afternoon one day to tour the harbor area. There are a couple of "minicruise" services that allow you to "hop on,  hop off" at a few destinations around Oslo harbor. As we boarded one of the boats, we ducked below out of the wind for a moment. There was a little snack bar below deck, and seated around a table were four older gentlemen enjoying a huge bowl of shrimp. I assumed they weren't tourists, but just four buddies who were hanging out on the boat to shoot the bull. I asked the boat tour guide to ask them on my behalf for permission to take their picture. They gave me some good-natured guff (via the interpreter), but I told them I'd give them half of the proceeds I was going to make selling their portrait. They laughed, and let me take this shot.


No comments:

Post a Comment